Have a fun snack time, and let your creativity run wild. Making snack time into an activity can help to create an atmosphere where your child will engage in trying new fruits and vegetables. And you’ll get a work of art to show for it!
It’s nice to assemble the recipes together with your children, but ensure a safe environment. For example, chopping and cooking may not be possible for younger children, but assembly can be done by all!
approx. 15 cmpiece of cucumber
1piece of bread
a littlespread of your choice
1slice of cheese
1small piece of broccoli
How to create it
- If you don’t have the free Vegemi app yet, download it from your phone’s app store.
- Use the Vegemi app to identify the cucumber, carrot and broccoli. Watch as Vegemi gains fun superpowers!
- Cut two thin slices of cucumber into sails and one narrow slice into a flagpole.
- Butter the bread and top with cheese so that it covers the upper ‘half’.
- Cut approximately 5 circles from the carrot and make some additional slices with a peeler.
- Build the ship. The carrot slices can create ‘cannon holes’ and the cucumber can create sails. Make waves from the thin carrot slices. Build a flag from a slice of cucumber, piece of cheese and a small piece of broccoli.
- The ship is ready to sail straight into the stomach!
- Enjoy the snack together, and encourage your children to feed their own ‘Vegemi’ with the yummy vegetables.