Have a fun snack time, and let your creativity run wild. Making snack time into an activity can help to create an atmosphere where your child will engage in trying new fruits and vegetables. And you’ll get a work of art to show for it!
It’s nice to assemble the recipes together with your children, but ensure a safe environment. For example, chopping and cooking may not be possible for younger children, but assembly can be done by all!
1round slice of bread
a littlespread of your choice
1small broccoli floret
How to create it
- If you don’t have the free Vegemi app yet, download it from your phone’s app store.
- Use the Vegemi app to identify the cucumber, carrot and broccoli. Watch as Vegemi gains fun superpowers!
- Butter a piece of bread and top with cheese.
- Create 5 pieces of carrot for the moonwaler’s arms, legs and body (5 pieces). Cut a piece for the flagpole and more thin slices for the rocket airstream (about 7 pieces).
- Cut the cucumber into 5 small round slices. Use these as moon holes by placing them on the bread. Cut one slice of cucumber into 4 pieces.
- Build the moonwalker. The body is made of carrot pieces. One slice of cucumber creates the helmet, and a hatch can be created with cheese. Make a flag for the moodwalker from a carrot slice, piece of cheese and small piece of broccoli.
- Build the cucumber rocket by cutting a large piece from the end and then halving it lengthwise. Use one quarter piece of cucumber as a landing pad for the rocket and then create a cloud of smoke using the cress.
- Arrange the full picture!
- Enjoy the snack together, and encourage your children to feed their own ‘Vegemi’ with the yummy vegetables.