Have a fun snack time, and let your creativity run wild. Making snack time into an activity can help to create an atmosphere where your child will engage in trying new fruits and vegetables. And you’ll get a work of art to show for it!
It’s nice to assemble the recipes together with your children, but ensure a safe environment. For example, chopping and cooking may not be possible for younger children, but assembly can be done by all!
approx. 20 cmcucumber
1piece of bread
a littlespread of your choice
1thin carrot stick
How to create it
- If you don’t have the free Vegemi app yet, download it from your phone’s app store.
- Use the Vegemi app to identify the cucumber, tomato and broccoli. Watch as Vegemi gains fun superpowers!
- Cut the cucumber piece in half across the width, and then cut the lengths in half. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut a thin slice from the carrot and remove a few florets from the broccoli.
- Build the ship as shown in the picture. Butter a piece of bread, and top with cheese and the tomatoes. Build waves from the broccoli florets and sails from the pieces of cucumber.
- Use the carrot sticks to create a mast, cheese as a flag and decorate with a small piece of broccoli.
- Enjoy the snack together, and encourage your children to feed their own ‘Vegemi’ with the yummy vegetables.