Have a fun snack time, and let your creativity run wild. Making snack time into an activity can help to create an atmosphere where your child will engage in trying new fruits and vegetables. And you’ll get a work of art to show for it!
It’s nice to assemble the recipes together with your children, but ensure a safe environment. For example, chopping and cooking may not be possible for younger children, but assembly can be done by all!
1piece of bread
a littlespread of your choice
2pieces of kale, shredded
How to create it
- If you don’t have the free Vegemi app yet, download it from your phone’s app store.
- Use the Vegemi app to identify the cucumber, carrot and broccoli. Watch as Vegemi gains fun superpowers!
- Butter a piece of bread and top with cheese.
- Cut two round slices from the cucumber and cut thin slices from the edge so that you can connect the slices to form the eyes. Use one of the pieces of cucumber as a smile and an end as the nose.
- Shred kale the make the hair. Remove four florets from the broccoli and use them to make hands and feet.
- A cherry tomato is the perfect football!
- Enjoy the snack together, and encourage your children to feed their own ‘Vegemi’ with the yummy vegetables.