Have a fun snack time, and let your creativity run wild. Making snack time into an activity can help to create an atmosphere where your child will engage in trying new fruits and vegetables. And you’ll get a work of art to show for it!
It’s nice to assemble the recipes together with your children, but ensure a safe environment. For example, chopping and cooking may not be possible for younger children, but assembly can be done by all!
1large lettuce leaf
1slice of tomato
5-6piece of kale
How to create it
- If you don’t have the free Vegemi app yet, download it from your phone’s app store.
- Use the Vegemi app to identify the kale, carrot, tomato and cucumber. Watch as Vegemi gains fun superpowers!
- Fry an egg in a tablespoon of oil. Season with salt.
- Take a large salad leaf. Chop two slices of cucumber, a slice of tomato and two carrot sticks. Tear 5-6 pieces of kale.
- Create the snack, as seen in the picture! Add to the egg to create hair from the lettuce, eyes from the cucumber, mouth from the tomato, moustache from the carrot slices and beard from the kale.
- Enjoy the snack together, and encourage your children to feed their own ‘Vegemi’ with the yummy vegetables.